PDA

View Full Version : Check Mate

djtzar
04-12-2014, 08:21 PM
I started with the notion of thinking I could sharpen anything on my little Sharpmaker , actually it should have read Sharpkeeper ....

And so my journey began , short lived a few Pm's later had me in contact with the Rook : Formerly the piece was called the tower, marquess, rector, and comes (Sunnucks 1970). The term castle is considered informal, incorrect, or old-fashioned. Old fashioned yes , yet less than legendary known on this forum as MAD Rookie , so a barrage of emails later .... bish bang sent my most coveted possessions to the Tower , what can I say , in the old days you had certain craftsman that would lend you their trade ... he lent me more ...

S90V (Millie) - toothy edge , yet the bevel lent itself to easy maintenance , 2 weeks of kitchen duty still tip top edge , amazing ....

S30V - (PM2) - a fubar bevel , fixed and ready to shave ...

ZDP-189 - for some reason he put an almost mirror edge on this one , think it's attributed to the nature of the steel but WOW ...

I know this tread is useless without pictures , but I thought I would just give my philosophical view on a despondency towards the craft of sharp making ...

Check mate ... uncle Rook , you are a true craftsman and I would recommend you to anyone ....

Chui
04-12-2014, 08:53 PM
- ja, bit of a fundi, eh!

- there's sharp...........there's scary sharp.............then there's Rookie sharp

MadRookie
04-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Haha, the tower thanks ye.

:)