PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

18-Xray
03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Aadil and 18-Xray is both my pseudonym on this site and the name of the company that we trade as. Iím here on the SA Blade forum because, like you, I really like and appreciate edge weapons, knives in particular. Thereís just something fascinating about having a sharpened object, which perhaps stems from pre-historic times when mankind used sharpened tools for protection, hunting and for their other chores.

We are fortunate in that there are such a huge variety of knives available depending on what you like and what your needs are. I chose to import Extrema Ratio knives because of their high level of quality, extensive testing and application. I wanted something different from the other brands on offer in South Africa. I found that Extrema Ratio primarily focused on manufacturing knives that are requested by various law-enforcement and military units for their type of function. They do produce a few other designs and models on request and who knows, perhaps we can arrange for an ďSA BladeĒ edition at some point. A knife that is designed by and manufactured exclusively for the members of this forum. Thatís an idea that we can think of for the future. :thinking:

Meanwhile I would like to clear up some perceptions about Extrema Ratio knives, one being the pricing of our knives. In recognition of my fellow knife enthusiasts and friends here on SA Blade, I have decided to introduce a few models, maybe three or so, at a special price for SA Blade members. I will post more information and pictures of those models soon.

My intention was to introduce myself and say that I am happy to be amongst fellow enthusiasts. It is a real treat to be able to talk to and listen to people who share a common passion. I especially enjoy reading some of the reviews written by some members with the detailed technical information and analysis on some of the knives. Being a knife enthusiast, I also have a few other brands which I will post from time to time on SA Blade. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my long introduction and Iím looking forward to interacting with my fellow knife aficionados.

marthinus
03-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Steven65
03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Greetings and welcome!:smile:

Chui
03-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Big welcome...........enjoy!!

Eldergeek
03-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Greetings and Welcome.

shakes_still
03-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Extrema ratio is very pretty tacticals.

18-Xray
03-06-2014, 10:55 AM
A huge thank you to everyone for the welcoming messages :biggrin:

Samurai Stu
03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome.

Francois
03-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Great to have this awesome knife brand formally available locally. I am a big fan. The Suppressor is on my bucket list ... exactly my kind of knife. Love the symmetry. But I must admit that $500 - $650 is a steep price range.

Seneschal
03-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Hi Aadil - welcome. Come and take your deserved place in the ranks of the Brethren of the Blade.

18-Xray
03-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Lol, thank you Dirk :)

harm
07-29-2014, 02:19 PM
great to see your forum,congrats Aadil

18-Xray
07-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Thank you :thumbsup: